Coaching for Teams
I really enjoy working with teams of all sizes. I'll start with an assessment of the team, either by interviewing each member in advance of our first meeting, or if the team is too large, with a questionnaire. I'll share what I learn (respecting confidentiality) and begin by establishing norms for our work together, setting clear goals, and creating a plan for achieving them. We'll decide together how many sessions are needed to reach the agreed upon goals.
What Kind of Outcomes Can We Expect?
- Envision and design a plan for the future
- Think through and execute tough decisions
- Identify and leverage strengths
- Recognize and manage weaknesses
- Revitalize and motivate yourselves and your staff
- Clarify and redefine roles within the team
- Create alignment among team members
- Develop skills for communicating effectively and powerfully
- Become accountable for the changes you want to make
- Reach clarity and increased awareness about how each of you functions on the team
- Enjoy your workplace more
Does a Coach Need to Be an Expert in Our Industry?
- No, in fact the “outside eye” provides a welcome and needed perspective.
- You’re the expert in your industry; the coach is the expert in helping you make better use of what you already know, maximizing your strengths, shining the light on issues that need attention, and harnessing the talent on your team or in your organization.
How Do You Help Us??
- I drive teams to have greater awareness of the roles they each play and can play in the group and help create greater alignment among its members.
- I teach teams to become more skilled in managing through conflict in a constructive way that strengthens the overall working relationship rather than threatening it.
- I support each member of the team to move beyond personal and professional obstacles, improve their performance and see themselves as vital to the operation, regardless of their position in the organization.